Feeling flushed all over face while I am in social situation. Any advice?

Hello, I would like advice on flushing and hot red face. I often have these symptoms when going to dinner parties, work meetings, customer visits e.t.c... I am now very conscious of going red, feeling flushed all over my face and forehead even, but particularly face and neck. If the room is dark I feel OK, it is bright places that make me anxious now. Is there some advice I can follow?

Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 52 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX ....
Thanks for your query. Your symptoms of anxiety, flushing in social situations is classical of social phobia/adolescence. It can be very troubling particularly for those in marketing professions. However, there is nothing to worry. Effective anti-anxiety medication like SSRI as well as psychotherapy (eg exposure and response prevention) are available to deal with the disorder after thorough evaluation for other anxiety disorders as well. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar