Feeling feverish with puffy eyelids, cold and cough. Prescribed with sinus 77 and metopar tablets. What is the cause?

Hi.. since last two 3 days feeling weak and feverish with Puffy eyelids and cold n cough..... currently on medication, as suggested by doc taking Sinus 77 and Metopar tablates.. Wanted to know any serious issue in such case
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Infection need medical attention... Detailed Answer: Hi, It is evident that you are suffering with an infection probably related to upper respiratory tract. Puffy eye lids may or may not be related. If you have no other related comorbities symptoms should recover in a week's time. I would suggest you not to be worried. Continue the medications suggested to you, though I would like to you use only paracetamol tablets (instead of metopar) if you have no vomiting spells. Drink sufficient amount of water. Push yourself to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. And make sure you sleep and rest well. As you do this at home, watch the progress. If you continue to run high grade fever, if puffiness worsen, develop breathing difficulty or any other new symptoms, bring it to your treating doctor's notice. He/she can order few routine investigations and modify the treatment accordingly. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Wish you a speedy recovery. Regards
Follow-up: Feeling feverish with puffy eyelids, cold and cough. Prescribed with sinus 77 and metopar tablets. What is the cause? 4 minutes later
Thank you for the immediate reply..
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hope that was helpful... Detailed Answer: I appreciate your feed back and hope it was helpful to you. If you have no other questions, please close this discussion. Good luck!!