Feeling feverish, headache and cough. Taken paracetamol tablets. Suggestions?

Hi ,

For the past 3 days I am feeling feverish with severe head ache and cough, I have taken couple of paracetamol tablets after that the temperature came under control otherwise it was touching 104.5 at times . But the cough remains, and I feel my head a little heavy too please advise ?

Thanks in advance,

Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

You have had temperature of 104.5, which is definitely not a good sign. This is ongoing since last 3 days.

In my view, you should get a basic blood investigation done (Blood routine) along with ESR.

Is the cough productive or dry? Let me know about this.

In the meantime, take paracetamol tablet every 4 hrs to keep the temperature under normal. Take rest.

Get well soon.
Follow-up: Feeling feverish, headache and cough. Taken paracetamol tablets. Suggestions? 2 hours later
Thank you Dr.Shanthi For the Reply ,

Yes the cough is productive ;and the temperature, Now It remains between 100 to 100.4 through out the day .

apart from blood test do I need to take any other test ? because I have felt such kind of hard headaches before also, but as always it tend to cure with in few hrs .

I have done my eye testing , they were saying my left and right eye sight power has a slight deviation, and I am not using a spec also, is this can be a cause ?

Thank you ,
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later

Apart from the blood test, since you have productive cough, you may have to take a chest x-ray only if the examining doctor finds it relevant. Else, no other investigation is required.

Your eye concern is not the cause of your current symptoms. However, you may want to use spectacles now since there is a deviation in the power.

I hope this helps you. Wish you quick recovery.