Feeling fever, cold and pain all over body. Related to sjogrens syndrome?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I have normal low temperature readings (96.7 - 97.8). For the past several months it has been getting lower. I wake up in the morning feeling feverish, achy, and cold. When I check my body temp with an ear temp reader, it reads 94.9. Is this anything to be concerned about? Could it be related to Sjögren's syndrome, which I have?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 8 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Health Care Magic,

The normal body temperature is 96.4 degree Fahrenheit or 37 degee centigrade.
Repeat taking body temperature by keeping the thermometer below the frenulum of the tongue or in the armpit. Body temperature varies from one site to another. The oral cavity and rectal temperature correlate best with core body temperature.

Sjogren disease is an autoimmune inflammatory disease. It may be associated with low grade fever.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal