Feeling fatigued and tired after sound sleep. Why am I getting this feeling?

Question
fatigue I am tired after a good night sleep
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

Fatigue even after a good night's sleep is not a good sign. I would like to know as to how long this has been there.

If it is a one-time occurrence, it can be neglected. If it is long standing concern then it needs further evaluation for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and related sleep disorders.

Please write a bit more about your fatigue and its relation to sleep. I would like to give a more personalized answer to you. Also, mention your age, gender and pre-existing medical illness, if any.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Feeling fatigued and tired after sound sleep. Why am I getting this feeling? 14 hours later
Age 28 male none
I have a cast on my right thumb to my elbow

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later

Thanks for writing the details.

It seems like the fatigue you have now is probably due to the presence of the cast and it is a bit bothersome to have one.

Please take your pain medications on time for faster recovery.

You will feel all good and get back to normal in a couple of days.

If you have no more queries, please accept my answer.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Feeling fatigued and tired after sound sleep. Why am I getting this feeling? 36 hours later
I dont have pain pills

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later

You may consider taking pain pills like Tylenol that is available over the counter. You do not need a doctor's prescription for this. You can take it after food in case you have too much pain for next 3 to 4 days.

Also, take adequate bed rest.

Follow-up: Feeling fatigued and tired after sound sleep. Why am I getting this feeling? 12 hours later
Tylenol is not workin eather doe ib

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 minutes later

If Tylenol is not working then you may need stronger pain killers like Cox inhibitors. These are prescription drugs, your primary care physician will know about them. Please get them prescribed by him.

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs with doing a physical examination. I am sorry on this.

Hope you get well soon.

Follow-up: Feeling fatigued and tired after sound sleep. Why am I getting this feeling? 14 minutes later
Ty

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

Thank you too.

If you have no more queries, please accept the answer and write a review.