Feeling fatigue, shortness of breath, congested and chest pain. How to get relief?

Dec 24 I was sick feverish, very congested, and shortness of breath, fatigue body aches went to doctor said I had flu with broncitis took anitbioctis for 5 went back to work, lask week on XXXXXXX 8 was sick again went to doctor got 5 day pack of antibiactis again and a symbicort inhaler. I now have a lot of phlegm in my thoart and chest pains when I breath deeply. What can be my problem. Also I used alot of afrim back in december when I first got sick.
Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The sequence of events suggest an initial virus infection – upper respiratory tract / followed by secondary bacterial infection. The bronchial insult from the virus paves the way for subsequent infection. Hence the antibiotic.
     The infection could have caused asthma. Hence symbicort.
If you have phlegm still, it is wiser to have an X-ray (Chest and Para-Nasal Sinuses) to exclude pneumonia and sinusitis. X-ray will not show asthma – it is detected by stethoscope / confirmed if necessary by Spirometry (Lung Function Test)

Lotrel is a combination of amlodipine (CCB - calcium channel blocker) and benazepril (ACEI – Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor). ACEI can cause or exacerbate asthma. If you do not improve, you may have to change it (ARB – Angiotensin Receptor Blocker is the usual alternative). Your doctor may decide – depending on your condition.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck