Feeling fatigue, off balance and hot after lexapro withdrawal. How to overcome this problem?

Hello from Australia, I took Lexapro for around 6 years, but only needed the smallest dose and i was told by my GP that i should consider trying to come off it and i did so around Christmas. I did get the usual withdrawal symptoms that i have read about like zapps in your head etc, but now find i am feeling worse, with fatigue, some nights not sleeping properly, the feeling of being off balance, like an ear infection and get very hot, and just a general feeling of being unwell, some days worse than others. What can i do to help myself as its very annoying to me. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 52 minutes later
Thanks for your query. The very fact that you feel you are getting worse over time indicates you are not suffering from simple withdrawal symptoms of lexapro. It appears to me more a result of depression that is still persist ing in a different form. It has probably exacerbated following withdrawal of lexapro. I would suggest you again undergo a psychiatric evaluation for persisting depression. I also would suggest continuing lexapro for a longer time. Hope you find my suggestions useful.
Dr Sundar