Feeling fatigue and stomach discomfort after eating. Diagnosed with anxiety. On clonazepam. Worried

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, been feeling tired/fatigue for a couple days. No fever but I have stomach discomfort about 1.5 hours after I eat. I have been eating a lot of red meat lately. Yesterday and today I noticed a small 4 mm groove along the entire length of my stool. I am concerned. 25 y/o, smoke about 10 cigs a day, and average 2 to three beers a night. Been diagnosed with anxiety, take .5 mg clonazepam daily, and this sure doesn't help my anxiety lol.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Increasing tiredness along with post prandial abdominal discomfort is highly suggestive of a stomach problem. You also have predisposing factors like increased consumption of red meat, tobacco and alcohol. In view of all these factors I would suggest you to undergo endoscopy at the earliest to look for any gastric ulcer.
Regarding the stool problem a per rectal and proctoscopic examination is mandatory as well to find the cause which is creating the groove.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards