Feeling fast heartbeat, light headed, dizzy, anxiety, nausea, migraine and fatigue. What to do?

Neurologist, Surgical
Symptoms racing heart light headed dizzy very irtitable anxirty nausea migraine fatigue go yo ER? 50 yr old woman just diagnosed with high cholestetol
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later
Dear Friend,

From your history you seem to have an anxious personality; so first please relax. Most of the symptoms do resolve with rest and relaxation.

Yes, you need medical attention, if symptoms did not improve with rest. You can visit the nearest ER and get a basic EKG done to rule out arrhythmia.
If you feel better, consult a cardiologist at your convenience for further evaluation.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Dr Vineet