Feeling faint, dizziness, sensitive breasts. Uncertain home pregnancy test result. Brown discharge after testing. Pregnant?

Question
hi doctor,
my last menses was 23june last month . last two week i had fainting feel and nausea, dizzy, sensitive breast and feel ssooo unwell. went to the doctor twice but was diagnose something else . i had checked a home pregnancy test yesterday, and waited about 10 min for the result to be out. turns out to be light fainting pink. after the test about 1 hr, i had brown discharge. am i pregnant ? i really feel soo nasea lately
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The weakly positive test that you have got could be due to an early pregnancy or a chemical pregnancy. The mild brownish spotting could be due to an implantation bleeding. You need to wait for 2-3 more days and if the bleeding increases with a negative pregnancy test after 3 days then it was a chemical pregnancy.
You can also confirm it now by getting serum beta HCG levels evaluated. Doubling of titres in 48 hours is suggestive of a viable pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Feeling faint, dizziness, sensitive breasts. Uncertain home pregnancy test result. Brown discharge after testing. Pregnant? 24 minutes later
Do you think by saturday, ( today is wednrsday) I can check again ? Or I should wait for 2 weeks more to confirm?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You can check again on Sunday and see if the second line - test line on the kit is darker then that in the previous test.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Feeling faint, dizziness, sensitive breasts. Uncertain home pregnancy test result. Brown discharge after testing. Pregnant? 38 hours later
Hi doc,
I had checked via pregnancy kit that I was pregnant on 23rd july . In the evening, black spots appear. I ignored. On the 24th july , black spots became more . In the evening, there are red bloods start to flow and lower left pelvic starts to feel poking feeling leaving on-off pain feeling. I rushed to the hospital and they quickly rush me to the resus critical side as afraid its ectopic or , miscarriage or life-threatened miscarriage. Ultrasound done, cant detect any bleed from fallopian tube. Urine test neg but beta hcg bld test is 35. Cant figure out wats wrong. Till now there bleeding abit, a quarter in my pad. Awaiting for monday for checkup at qynae for bld test, urine test and ultrasound. Im pretty worried. Right now im feeling very tired and juz feeling like sleeping the whole day... :(

It is good that an ectopic pregnancy has been ruled out. Since the HCG levels are at 35, it is more likely to be due to a chemical pregnancy.
It is best to wait till Monday for detailed evaluation and repeat beta HCG levels.
Regards.