Feeling extremely hot, nausea and vomiting. What should I do?

For about the past 6 weeks I have had bouts when I suddenly feel extremely hot, resulting in nausea and vomiting.and a very fast heart rate. After about half to 1 hour later I start to feel normal again. This can happen at any time of day, and dose not seem to to have any connection with eating
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Arrythmias Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query From the description you have given it looks like you are suffering from arrythmias. Which is irregular fast pacing of the heart. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Please approach a cardiologist for this issue, you will need to get an EKG done. If the EKG is normal then you will need to be put on 24 hours holter monitoring ( it is a tiny device attached to your chest to check the EKG during such episodes 2. Since the attacks are intermittent I suggest you also get a complete blood count and thyroid function test. Anemia and thyroid disorders are common reason for such attacks I also suggest the following 1. Do not drive until you are evaluated 2. Do not engage in stressful physical activities 3. Do not ignore this and get yourself evaluated as soon as possible I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me regards