Feeling extra skin growth near anus, hurts to touch. Is that cancer?

Excellent

Question
Today i found something near my anus, it hurts if Itouch it. Is that something critical? Cancer? Or should i just wait?
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 53 minutes later

I have seen the photographs and they look like external hemorrhoids/piles.
Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus which may itch. For the diagnosis, it is best to consult a general surgeon and get it examined by physical examination or by anoscopy.

First of all lifestyle measures need to be incorporated.

1)     You should increase the fiber in your diet by eating fruits and vegetables. Just make sure to increase your fluid intake when you increase your fiber in the diet.
2)     You can also sit in hot sitz bath by sitting in a shallow bucket with hot water three times a day. The heat would help in relieving the discomfort and pain of the hemorrhoids.
3)     You can use topical treatment like proctosedyl cream after consulting your doctor. For the pain, take Ibuprofen or Diclofenac.
4)     However for specific treatment, you have to consult a surgeon. Some of the preferred methods are injection sclerotherapy, rubber band ligation and by surgical method like hemorrhoidectomy. Nowadays laser coagulation and infrared photocoagulation are also used.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Follow-up: Feeling extra skin growth near anus, hurts to touch. Is that cancer? 29 minutes later

Thank you very much for your reply.
I just did a internet research about hemorrhoids, is it possible that I have Perianal hematoma?
Is it true, that a treatment is not mandatory and the ulcer will regress of its own?
And can you assure me, that this is not a XXXXXXX disease?

Best Regards

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 9 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

A perianal hematoma is a condition that closely mimics an external hemorrhoid. Distinguishing them is tough but perianal hematoma usually presents with purplish or blue color. If not treated then it can cause chronic pain. Hence I suggest you to get it examined to confirm the diagnosis and start the treatment. If diagnosed within the first few hours of presentation, the pooling blood may be evacuated using a syringe. Once the blood has clotted, removal by this method is no longer possible and the clot can be removed via an incision.