Feeling electric current on the back of shoulder and lump in neck. Started while breast feeding. Related?

Nov 2013

Feeling of an electric current on the back of my rightshoulder. It is not there all the time but does come a few times a day. I am almost 29. what could it be? This started almost a year and a hlaf back when i first gave birth and started breast feeding. I also have a lump that appeared just 3 days back in the back of my neck close to the hairline at the right side too. Not sure if this is related.

Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 38 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.

These symptoms are suggestive of right sided radicular pain affecting the cervical nerves. This is often due to a pinched nerve in the neck region.
The lump at the back of neck most likely is not related to your symptoms.
An MRI of the cervical spine would sort out the diagnosis.
If symptoms are troublesome, you may take pregabalin capsules.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: