Feeling dizzy while laying down, slight headache and vertigo. Had carotids checked. What's going on?
User rating for this question
I get dizzy when I tip my head back, and laying down. Some slight head aches from the back or right side, to the front, also right. I had my Caroteds checked 4-2-11, they only showed light plaque. I am 61, and have had the Left Coranary by-passed with the Mamary Arterie. The right had good collateral circulation. This is a new symptom, only three days, the head aches are a couple of months. The pain is ver slight, but the vertigo is like being drunk for three seconds or so.
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query. You seem to be in good health even though the current symptoms are bothering you.
The Headache and vertigo both do not seem to be a major health concern now necessitating medications. The reasons being, your normal blood pressure and pulse rate, good lifestyle that you are following and also no other major associated symptoms like projectile vomiting, loss of consciousness, decreased movements etc.
You may repeat the carotid angiogram now to look for progression of the plaque.
I hope you are on the anti-platelets and anti-thrombotic drugs regularly post the coronary by-pass surgery.
Aspirin is very effective drug and it will help you a lot in your symptoms.
I do not think you require additional medications for these symptoms now.
Please drink plenty of fluids and follow your healthy lifestyle.
Do write back for further discussion on this.
People also viewed
- What treatment should be taken for headache
- Are there ways to reduce sgptsgot and cure hbsag
- Slight dizziness and slight headache
- Dizzy sebaceous gland headaches nodules
- Dental snow cap
- Dizziness with slight headache
- Feeling sleepy and slight headache
- Slight headache dizziness and lightheaded
- 5 year old has headaches while standing
- I feels pain underneath my eyeboll which also includes headaches
- Dizziness brown mucus
- Cure for filaria
- What are my chances of getting tetanus
- Always feeling hungry with dizziness and headache
- Slight headache and a little dizzy