Feeling dizzy, weakness in wrist and electrical impulse in arm. Could it be laberinitis?

Question
Feel electrical impulse left arm. Lasts15seconds repeats in 3 minutes. The wrist feels weak after. Just started today. Went to the m.d. Today suffering from dizzy spells. He calls it laberinitis, says it will clear up. I may have to see him again in 2 weeks.
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 hours later

I am not sure what type of heart disease you suffer from.

Labrynthitis does call dizzy spells and clears up in a few days. However since you also report episodes of abnormal sensations (paraesthesia) with weakness, I wonder if they are related to transient ischemic attacks (TIA).

TIA's occur as a result of reduced blood flow to the brain. And I feel we should not neglect these attacks. You need to proceed and get MRI scan of brain with Carotid Doppler studies to rule out TIA's. A neurologist would be the ideal person to treat this problem.

I am not sure if you are on antiplatelet drugs like aspirin for heart disease; if you are taking them, please continue. It has beneficial effects on the brain too.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any doubts.

Best Wishes

Follow-up: Feeling dizzy, weakness in wrist and electrical impulse in arm. Could it be laberinitis? 3 hours later
Thank you. I have called my heart M.D. I went to an eye, ear, nose guy. Treated me for larinthitus. I of course threw up. Feeling a LITTLE better. He feels I'Ll be better. May take another treatment. Not pleasant. Again Thanks. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Prasad 31 minutes later
You are welcome XXXXXXX.

I am sorry to know you are not feeling well and I hope you get better soon.

Do take your medications. If the symptoms are severe and your doctors are not reachable, ER would be an option.

Good Luck!!!

P.S: If you have no follow ups, do not forget to close this discussion.