Feeling dizzy, vomitting and loss of balance. Could it be inner ear infection?

ENT Specialist
Today, Friday at 2:30pm, starting getting dizzy, then vomitting, with loss of balance. It was 90 degrees where I live in Florida, but I was installing kitchen cabinets in an air-conditioned apartment. Could this possibly be an inner ear infection? Your response is appreciated. XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 3 hours later

Dizziness, vomiting and loss of balance can be a sign of dehydration and tiredness of body. You can take electrolyte supplementation such as electrolyte powder in water and drink it whole day. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.

Though dehydration seem very likely, at this age, I would like you to rule out postural hypotension which can cause similar symptoms. Check your blood pressures in lying down and standing position as instructed at your doctors office to rule out postural hypotension. Use stockings in legs is entailed if postural hypotension is found.

The chances of inner ear infection causes a rotatory feeling.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.