Feeling dizzy, tingling and numbness in upper middle back, tip of nose and toes. What's wrong?

I am having tingeling/numbness in my upper/middle back, tip of my nose, and toes. It doesn't last long in duration but is occurring more frequently. Therehas also been a little dizziness that comes and goesas well. This started a couple of weeks ago.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

I would like to know a few more things in order to help you better

1. How long does the tingling last?
2 do you develop any weakness of limbs where you are not able to hold things? Able to get up from sitting position?
3. Is the tingling painful ?
4. Do you develop blurring of vision as well?
5. Is the tingling more frequent in cold weather?

Please get back to me. I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Feeling dizzy, tingling and numbness in upper middle back, tip of nose and toes. What's wrong? 12 minutes later
The tingling lasts only a few minutes. I do not have any weakness in my limbs and am able to get up from a sitting position. The tingling is not painful at all. I have had a couple instances of blurred vision but not often. I don't know about the cold weather because this just started but when I am in the grocery store it does get worse in my toes but not painful.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 16 minutes later

Thanks for the quick reply

From the history I have taken from you, it looks like irritation of the nerves which is causing the symptoms. It is known as peripheral neuropathy. It could happen in certain viral infections, diabetes, etc. Even though the signs and symptoms sounds trivial I would like you to approach a neurologist as soon as possible, please tell him about the blurrin of vision history as well. He might want to order a complete blood count, fasting blood sugar and if need be an MRI of the brain.
There is no treatment or precautions I can give at this point without some blood test.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones I will be happy to get back to you

I wish you good health