Feeling dizzy, tightness in throat and have GERD. Taking zyrtec. How to get cure?

I get dizzy, feel ill and feel like my throat is tight after I eat. I have GERDs but I also have allergies. I get confused when I get these feelings whether it's a food allergy or GERDs or possibly something else. I've basically been taking a zyrtec once a day just in case I'm having an allergic reaction but don't know what else to do.
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 32 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

It does not appear to be an allergy.
Could you specify what other allergic manifestations do you have?
Do you get a sensation of food getting stuck in the throat?
Does the tight throat relax after sometime?
What was the endoscopic finding (EGD scopy, if it was done to diagnose GERD)?
Do you have any acid regurgitations still? Cough?
Is there any pain/ burning behind the center of the chest?
It could be GERD or esophageal spasms. Do not take cetirizine unless you get itching, wheezing or skin wheals etc. It may occasionally cause drowsiness, dizziness.
It would greatly help if you could upload all the above requested info as well as test reports, images, here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports to
with subject as- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

I would be able to answer more specifically once I get the details.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!