Feeling dizzy, ringing ear and have ear loss. Not cured by debrox and hydrogen peroxide. Wax buildup?

Feb 2013

I can't hear out of my right ear the past three days. There's a lot of ringing. I have tried debrox and hydrogen peroxide followed by ear lavage to no avail. I tend to get dizzy briefly when I stand up. Think this is just a wax buildup?
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
Usually with wax buildup in ear, there will be minimal hearing impairment and it is not that much significant to cause a hearing problem.
As you are feeling a lot of ringing sound, and dizziness on standing these symptoms seem to be related and could be due to inner ear problems related to cochlea or auditory nerve.
So I advise you to consult an ENT specialist for the examination of your ears and to assess your hearing function clinically and by audiometry.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.