Feeling dizzy, nauseous and sick. Bruise on elbow. How to get relief?

Been having brief dizzy spells, nothing major, yesterday though, had one where the room began spinning and I felt sick, like I wanted to throw up. Went to sleep woke up fine now. Also have a bruise on my elbow and I am not sure how long it has been there. I excerise regularly and could have bumped it, but it is not painful nor do I remember doing anything to it, however the bruise is fairly large covering the whole elbow.
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later
The dizziness and the nausea can be due to several reasons like a low blood pressure, migraine or simply exhaustion. The latter would be the case if you have been doing more than your body can take. If you exercise regularly then you must monitor carefully your diet, minerals (Na, K, predominant) vitamins and rest. So exercise should be limited to about 50 minutes daily and you should make sure you have plenty of fluids.
Regarding elbow condition, you probably injured it while training and you now have a small haematoma (collection of blood). You can apply warm compresses and support this area. This should become ok on its own in a few days.
I wish you quick recovery and if you have any additional queries , please don’t hesitate to ask.