Feeling dizzy, heavy headed, pressure near nose, cheek and ears. Cause and cure?

ENT Specialist
Hi, for the past two or three days I have noticed to have pressure near my nose, cheeks, and ears. I've also noticed that my head seems to feel quite heavy (like i feel a pulse in my head) and I sometimes feel a bit dizzy. I normally notice it to be worse when I'm sitting down. I was just curious what exactly this all relates to?
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

I have gone through your mail, as you said that you are feeling pressure near your nose, cheek, and ears and you feel heaviness in head with dizzy.

All your symptoms are indicating that you are having acute paranasal sinuses, throat and reaching up to ears via Eustachian tube (tubular connection between ears and throat).

Your dizziness is due to involvement of vestibule of ear. You are advised to go for these investigations-(1) X-ray paranasal sinuses, (2) Audiometery, (3) E.N.G. after you contact your E.N.T.specialist for examination of ear, nose and throat and clinical co-relation of investigations to make final diagnosis and proper treatment.