Feeling dizzy, burning sensation on brain and have woozy eyes. What am I suffering from?

I am a 39 year old female who is having very strange dizzy episodes that have increased to become nearly debilitating over the past year.
There seems to be a few different kind as well which makes it more odd. None of them have the spinning/vertigo sensation. The most frequent, recent one occurs without warning and lasts very briefly- less than a minute- where my head suddenly kind of lolls about, sometimes dropping forward or to he side, and my eyes seem to feel like they cross- very woozy- and it is as if I briefly can't find which way is up,down or sideways and have no feeling of orientation or balance. 20 seconds later, I am fine! This one happens when I am sitting at the computer.
The other kind is worse, where I feel a 'sensation' descend in my head, like a slightly burning feeling in my brain if hat makes any sense. I feel terrible, weak and nauseated and can suffer really bad episodes where my eyes can't focus properly on one thing (like they are bouncing from thing to thing), I feel very faint, have trouble articulating myself and lurch when walking. I have only had this twice and it can last for two weeks-awful.
The other, most mild is when I scroll down on a computer screen or move my eyes, occasionally I feel my balance and ision is jerked to the side, but not a 'whirling' feeling.
I'm an US expat navigating the NHS in England so am on an agonising 16 week wait for an MRI and consultation with a neurologist. I'd be exceptionally grateful for any insight.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 52 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your problem

I have noted your medical history

The possibilities based upon the data that you have posted could be

1. Paroxysmal positional vertigo: One need not have the vertigo feelings.
2. Seizure: The description in the second episode could suggest a possibility of seizure
You need to check your heart function and rate by ECG (A test which detects the heart rate and rhythm) as any fluctuation in the heart rate can also present in the same way.

A physical examination by a physician will clarify these issues.

I advise you to get into the emergency medical service during one of the episodes, if your waiting time is so long or get into a private medical center. It will be difficult for me to provide more than these possibilities and guidance for you. Another option that you have is to try a course of medications like betahistine, cinnarizine (these are used for positional vertigo) before you get the medical service.

I hope the I have clarified your query,
Please get back to me if you have any concern
Best wishes