Feeling dizzy and vomiting. What to do?

Nov 2013

I woke up this a.m. with room spinning and disorientation. Spinning stopped butdisorientation continued. leant over tO put stuff away and got dizzy so had to lie flat on floor. Then severe vomiting of bile only. Relieved by lying in bed. Slept for a number of hours. Awake now but head movement seems to stil cause disorientation. Can now read again but couldn't earlier.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause for your symptoms is BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). This is related to minor dysfunction in the middle ear.
Symptoms resolve on their own in a few days. For relief, you may take betahistine tablets three times daily.
Once you feel better, you can do vestibular rehabilitation/ adaptation exercises to prevent recurrence of these symptoms later.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Feeling dizzy and vomiting. What to do? 3 hours later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX I seem a lot better now
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 59 minutes later
Thank you and best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)