Feeling dizzy and sick. Having chiropractic reamen on neck and upper back due to osteo athritis. Suggest

Nov 2013

For the last 2 months I have been dizzy and feeling sick. Before then I've been having chiropractic reamen on my neck and upper back due to osteo athritis and slipped disc. My doctor has given me stemitil and my chiropractor has given me 4 sessions for BPPV. I'm still just as bad. Can you suggest anything. Thanks XXXXXX
I forgot to mention I also use Nasonex spray at night due to post nasal drip
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for posting your query.
In addition to the treatments you are having at present, the following medicines are also useful- betahistine (to control the dizziness) and piracetam (for long term improvement and preventing the recurrence of symptoms).
You may ask your physiotherapist to teach you vestibular adaptation/rehabilitation exercises.
I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: