Feeling dizzy and seeing yellow spot in left vision. Is this serious? Any treatment?

I've been dizzy for 2 days constant of varying degrees however, and keep seeing a large yellow spot in my left field of vision right in front of my left eye that comes and goes. Dizziness is worse upon l and r rotation and when flexing my neck to look down. No vertigo, No nausea, No fever, No HA, No ear or eye pain or swelling, No other symptoms. Is this something serious? Possible DDX? Suggested treatment?
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
thanks for sending your query to us.
What is needed is diagnosis of a reason for your dizziness.
You have to have a complete general examination to rule out any reason for such a situation.cervical and auditory reasons are to be ruled out.
Along with that you have to have a complete eye examination to rule out any reason for this yellow spot.
Till you have these tests done rest and you will recover.
Do get back to me in case needed.
Follow-up: Feeling dizzy and seeing yellow spot in left vision. Is this serious? Any treatment? 15 minutes later
What are some possible diagnoses? I have had a general exam and no abnormalities were revealed, same with the MRA, MRI of brain and ear, no abnormalities. I also saw an ENT who couldn't figure it out and an audiologist who couldn't account for my dizziness either, now is has been constant and the large yellow spot showed up obscuring my vision on the left. I will go see an ophthalmologist tomorrow, but you haven't really answered my questions?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
Thanks for getting back to us.
The possibilities are varied,starting from insignificant general dibility to neurological envolement(ruled out with MRI),cervical spondlitis,ENT origin which have to be ruled out one by one.
There are very few reasons in the eye to present a combination of yellow spot,transient,and dizziness.This points to a vascular origin of the defect.There can be meny reasons for a spot obscuring the vision,including retinal inflammations but they are not associated with dizziness.
A remote possibility which is to be entertained is that the two problems may be independent of each other.
Get back to me in case of any need.