Feeling dizzy and lightheaded when getting up from bending. Any cure?

Jun 2015

lightheadedness when I get up from bending or pick up something heavey, I get really dizzy and light headed sometime start to loose my balance ans even get disoriented.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be due to:
1. Any pathology in the vestibular apparatus in inner ear (it is associated with maintenance of body posture & balance) & Cerebro-pontine angle
2. Any fluctuation in blood pressure levels such as Hypotension
3. Decrease in blood sugar levels (Hypoglycemia)
4. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Iron, Vitamin B 12, Calcium, etc. which also interferes with blood formation & nerve conduction.
5. Long term use of certain medications.

Investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.
A CT scan of brain might be required to rule out any pathology in the inner ear & Cerebro-pontine angle.

So, it will be better to consult an ENT specialist & get a proper physical examination done.
Therefore, that appropriate management steps could be taken.

Meanwhile, maintain adequate hydration, take a healthy balanced diet & avoid stress.
Also, make sure that you do not get up or bend down suddenly.
Take some time, it prevents peripheral accumulation of blood & reduces the symptoms of dizziness & light-headedness.

Wishing you a good health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.