Feeling dizzy and have weird vision. Ear wax removed. Is this anxiety or labyrinthitis?

Hi my dizziness/ off balance began in Germany I was walking and felt a cold sweat type feeling in my legs with a little prickly pain. I then became dizzy but not spinning just as if I looking through a trange pair of glasses as my vision is not blurry just weird. I was given stemtel and then serc16 however my dizziness has not passed. I saw an ent consultant who said I had wax in my ear which were removed and that there was no problem but I could be anxiety. I did a little research and I found out about something called labyrinths the symptoms seen very similar. Very worried about this all the time I feel sad and think I look paler and thinner with my veins bein more noticeable. Any help to ease my mind would be great p.s I talked to a associate who is a doctor and she said it could be anxiety or labyrinthitis and that I should see my gp and ask about a beta blocker?
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.
Such kind of symptoms can be seen in many conditions. Wax is most common cause of tinnitus and such symptoms. As your ENT SPECIALIST had already removed the wax and you felt better that means the cause for symptoms is wax only.
In labyrinthitis symptoms are so severe that you will clearly feels the giddiness, vertigo and sometimes vomiting. There is no confusion about symptoms is labyrinthitis.
I think all symptoms are related to anxiety only. Take a advise from your ENT specialist regarding same. Also you must consult a board certified counsellor or psychiatrist for strees management and anxiety relieving therapy.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern please let me know.

Follow-up: Feeling dizzy and have weird vision. Ear wax removed. Is this anxiety or labyrinthitis? 2 hours later
Thank you very much for your help I almost feel better now however I just want to rule a couple of things out as I worry about vein problems such as dvt and due to the dizziness (which began on the 27th oct) I contantly worry and analyse how I feel with worry of death. Any pain I get anywhere is like a pinch on a scale of one to ten it would be one. The fear come s from the fact that I smoke although not many per day. Any help you could give to ease my mind slightly would be great.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 6 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
XXXXXXX vein thrombosis is condition presenting with acute symptoms like severe pain in calf muscles, swelling. It will take you to ER in very short span. So you are not having DVT at all. Don't worry about that.
Present situation is not related to smoking still I will suggest to quit it. Because smoking is injurious to health in all aspects. As I previously told you need to consult counsellor or psychiatrist for relaxation therapy.

Hope this work for you .

Follow-up: Feeling dizzy and have weird vision. Ear wax removed. Is this anxiety or labyrinthitis? 22 hours later
Ok that's great thankyou your easing my mind! I just want to rule out that I don't have any circulatory problems. From the symptoms I ve described in my legs which is very infrequent do you see that as a viable possibility? It seems that my dizziness is not as bad at all now when I try to take my mind off it and I try to convince myself I m fine even though I m still taking my serc16 tablets (vertigo tablets) is this a clear indictator that my only problem is anxiety? Thankyou
Hi, welcome back XXXXXXX
You are also definitely not suffering from any kind of circulatory problem of leg.
Arterial problem will present with severe pain and ischemia of limb. Whereas venous problem will present as swelling and pain. In either case you are not able to walk at all normally.
You are not having any symptoms like that. So don't worry at all. I think your problem is related to anxiety only.

Hope your query has been answered now.