Feeling dizzy and drunk after travelling in car for long time. Got imbalance after moderate walking. Reason?

I travelled in a car one evening for an hour and getting out of it I felt as if fully drunk and cannot walk dizzy feeling. it lasted till I slept after two hours and got up in the morning.
I get imbalance after moderate speed walking of about 20 minutes. No feeling of dizziness in the beginning of walking.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 6 hours later
Hi Sir,

Thanks for posting query.

From your history it seems that your problem might be due to,
1, Labyrinthine disorder,
2, Cervical spondylitis.

Long driving can cause motion sickness, which may be the cause of your symptom. At the same time, at this age there might be cervical spondylitis. Due to constant strain on neck muscles and having minor jerks on neck, might have caused this problem.
Cerebro-vascular insufficiency may have some role as well.

Nothing to worry. As this is of recent origin, within a day or two you may become alright. If this problem persists, then you need to consult an ENT surgeon.

Also check the following. Blood pressure, Serum cholesterol, lipid profile and x-ray cervical spine.

I hope, I answered your query to your satisfaction.

If you have further query or clarification, please write back.
Thank you and take care.
Follow-up: Feeling dizzy and drunk after travelling in car for long time. Got imbalance after moderate walking. Reason? 2 hours later
My Total cholesterol is 106, HDL 46,LDL 65, Blood pressure is around 120/80 to 130/85 lipid profile values are in normal limits.
I was diagonised with hyper thyrodism in 1990 and took neomercasol tabs for 5 months. Since then my T3,T4,TSH values are in normal limits.
Why the feeling of giddy and imbalance after I walk about 1 to 1 and half KM?
This feeling is gone when I slow down or sit down for a while.
Burning sensation under my feet during sleep time is bothering me.
Burning pain is also present in the center bottom of my right foot(toe)
Kindly advise me

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi Sir,
Thanks for posting query.

As I told you in previous answer, giddiness and feeling of imbalance might be due to low blood circulation in the brain due to deposition of cholesterol in your brain arteries.
Same way due to otosclerosis in the ear can give rise to these feelings.
Same way due to cervical spondylitis, stretching of nerves might give rise to giddiness.
Rule out diabetes as you got burning sensation in your feet.
Take good Calcium tablet with vitamin A and D.
Take vitamin B complex, B1, B6, B12 supplements.

I hope I answered your query.
If you do not have further clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
I wish you good health.