Feeling dizzy all over the day. What to do?

I am feeling a bit dizzy all over the day. Sitting or standing while i am still a bit dizzy
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Short course of anti-vertigo drug will suffice

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

A more detailed information would have helped me in reaching to a definite conclusion.

However, I presume that you have been having dizziness since a day. If it is a feeling that you are reeling round and round, I will consider it as vertigo due to either involvement of XXXXXXX ear following a common cold/sinus problem or may be without any cause. A 3-4 days' course of cinnarizine or any other drug of the same class will relieve the problem.

If, on the other hand, the dizziness has been persisting for quite some time, I would consider other problems too.

Please give as much details as possible, particularly duration of problem, if associated with nausea/vomiting, common cold, chronic sinus problem, discharge from ear; presence of hypertension; regular intake of alcohol etc...

In any case, you will certainly be OK with a short course of cinnarizine. Your doctor will prescribe the same or any other drug of the same family in appropriate dose.

If you have any further clarifications, I will be happy to answer.

Fond regards,

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal