Feeling dizzy after period. Pregnancy test negative. What should I do next?

Question
hi my period start at march 16 . n yet these few day i feel dizzy every moring n craving for chocolate this few day . i went tp tk a pregnacey test last few day but im not pregant please guide me .
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 31 minutes later

Confirmatory test for pregnancy is to check your blood for beta HCG and transvaginal ultrasound.

So i recommend you to get a transvaginal ultrasound and blood levels for beta HCG.
If the titres are increasing, it is confirmatory of pregnancy.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if you have further doubts. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Feeling dizzy after period. Pregnancy test negative. What should I do next? 1 hour later
is only 3 week plus after my period end .what if i dont wish to take blood for beta HCG and transvaginal ultrasound ? amyway to know that my systoms is getting more n more obvious that im really preg ?

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

Missed periods are calculated from first day of last menstrual cycle. Since march 16th was your last menstrual period, you have missed your periods by 2 days.

As your symptoms of pregnancy are getting more intense, i recommend you to repeat urine pregnancy test after one week of missed periods. It is 99% accurate.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further help.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Feeling dizzy after period. Pregnancy test negative. What should I do next? 18 hours later
hello

ya i test the preg tests yesterday but is negative ,not preg . izzit too early ? i have to wait til next week ? than test again ? do advise me doctor .

thank you :)

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply.

If done on the day of missed periods, it is 95% sensitive .
If done one week later it is 99% sensitive.

So, i advice you to wait for 1 more week and repeat the urine pregnancy test.

regards,
Dr Nilofer