Feeling dizzy after ENG test. Normal?

May 2014

I had a dizzy/audiology exam today. They gave me the ENG test. I must say that I was close to 100% when I arrived this morning. After that particular exam I'm even more dizzy. I feel like I'm back at the levels that I were over a month ago. Is this normal after that exam? How long will this last? I'm starting to feel as though I should not have taken this exam.
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dizziness known to occur after ENG exam.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing int to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Electronystagmography (ENG) is a test that is done to evaluate vertigo or dizziness. There is dizziness during and for a while after the exam. The fact that there is dizziness confirms that your vestibular system in ear is stimulated and functioning.

Some people are out of the ENG dizziness in a few hours following the exam while in some it can take a bit longer, say 2-3 days. Please dont worry but do not do any high risk activities till you are out of it.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back in case of doubts.