Feeling dizzy. Muscle spasm shown in MRI of neck area. Is it serious?

Diabetologist
Question
I feel dizzy sometimes since past 2-3 months, it happens when all of a sudden no frequency as such but occurs mostly when I step out from the house, initially it is heavy but subsides later but does not go completely until I sleep out for the night and next day is perfect. I consulted a doctor and they suggested to take an MRI of neck area as they diagnosed as muscle spasm as I also use to feel heavy on the shoulder connectin my neck. The MRI was clean and the spam is gone after exercise but the symptom of dizziness is there. I have been doing some brain excercises. But wanted to make sure it is not serious.
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Systemic hypertension may have to be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Most of the patients in your age group complaining with symptoms like yours mostly suffer from Systemic Hypertension(Increased blood pressure).
This may be caused due to stressful life style, obesity and hereditary also.

Consult your doctor to screen for metabolic diseases like hypertension and diabetes.
Your doctor may record your Blood pressure while at rest. Reading more the 130/84 mmHg is diagnostic of systemic hypertension.

MRI is fine, so organic causes are ruled out and need to think in terms of the systemic causes as mentioned above.

Hope the answer helps you.