Feeling dizzy. Getting variable blood pressure. What are the risks?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Hi , I am feeling dizzy for sometime in a day , I checked the Bp it is 143/80 , what might be the cause for this ? Recently I worked without having and found my BP shooted up to 140/110 , that time too I felt the same dizziness
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 59 minutes later
Thanks for posting on healthcare magic
As you have elicited that your dizziness is associated with increase in blood pressure , i would like you to know that in most of the people with high blood pressure there are no symptoms or signs. This is because high blood pressure doesn't cause problems over a few days . It usually takes several years for the condition to cause noticeable symptoms.
For this reason hypertension or high blood pressure is often called a silent killer. People with the condition are usually not diagnosed until they have blood pressure readings that are very high.
Most common high blood pressure symptoms are headache,dizziness,blurred vision and nausea.
Since you are a young male of 24 years i will recommend you to visit a physician and get your regular blood pressure monitoring done.Restrict your salt in the diet that you consume.Avoid fried and junk food .Try to consume fresh fruits,salads and vegetables .If you smoke or drink alcohol then avoid that .Try to modify your lifestyle , add exercise or yoga to it.
All this should take care of your high blood pressure and maybe your physician adds some anti hypertensive medication.
I hope i have answered to all your queries .If you have any further doubts feel free to post again .Ill be happy to help .If you dont have any further questions kindly accept my answer
God Bless