Feeling dizzy. Getting pins and needle sensation on lower face. Underlying cause and remedy?

Pediatrician
Question
Lately but not often I get dizzy feel a but far away although I can function normally and I get pins and needles in my lower face, can you help please, thanks
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

It shall be my pleasure to guide you. However before I can proceed I would like to have the following information:
1. Your age and gender.
2. Any history of hypertension, diabetes or any other disease?
3. Any particular time of the day that you feel dizzy and how is it relieved?
4. The feeling of pins and needles is on any particular side of the lower face or on both sides. How long do they last and how do you get relieved?
5. Any other findings of your doctor which you would like to share?

Please revert back with the above information for me to help you further.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Feeling dizzy. Getting pins and needle sensation on lower face. Underlying cause and remedy? 3 hours later
I am 54 female
I have dietary controlled diabetes
Pins and needles on Lower face lasts about 2 hours

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 31 minutes later

Thanks for providing the information.

Though diabetics develop neuropathy but it involved the nerves of the limbs in majority of the cases. I would suggest that you get a complete examination including a neurological examination done to find a cause for this feeling.

I hope I have given you the right guidance to your satisfaction.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv