Feeling dizziness while working, mouth is dry, pain on back of head. BP normal and pregnancy test negative

Pediatrician
Question
Hi, since last week I've been feeling some diziness while working (but not strong that compromise my movements), my mouth is dry, i feel thirsty. Due to working in the hospital and it's a busy environment I don't drink to much fluids. Yesterday I felt more dizzy and thristy and I have pain on the back of my head. I've checked my blood pressure and it was normal for me. I did the pregnancy test and it was negative. Last week some of my colegues told me that I was with a pale face. So, overall I don't know if I'm with low iron/anemia, diabetes, dehadration and I've checked on the internet and the symptoms that I have can be aseptic meningities. But I don't feel weakness on my muscles and I don't have stiff neck. I never vomit or had diarrhea.
Can you tell me what it could be?
Thank you
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 2 hours later

I can feel your concerns regarding these symptoms.
You felt dizzy and thirsty along with headache , has this been for the first time or you have frequent episodes of dizziness?

Do you have Increased desire to eat food?
Do you have increased frequency of urination?
Do you have to drink more water?
Are you using any drug?
Are you having worm infestation or blood loss from any site?
Whats the normal temperature of your working place ?

Do you feel vertigo?

Kindly come up with these answers for more elaboration of your disease.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Feeling dizziness while working, mouth is dry, pain on back of head. BP normal and pregnancy test negative 21 hours later
thank you for answering. I couldn't wait because I wasn't happy with my symptoms, so today I went to a walk-in clinic and the doctor did a general examination (head, ear, eyes, mouth, obs, blood glucose, bp) and the result is another urinary infection, dehydration and my left ear is inflamated. So he prescribed cefalexin 500mg bd for one week and told me to drink plenty of water.

Do you have any more advice? I'm just frustrated because I'm having a lot of urinary infections (3 or 4 in 2 years) and I know that taking antibiotics all the time is not good. I'll have to follow-up regarding this with my GP. Is there anything I can do to minimise or prevent this infections?

Thank you,
Marta

Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 24 minutes later
Hi Marta,

This infection is common in females because of short urethra and its close proximity to vagina.

Are you married ?
My advice is not to wear tight panties and avoid use of tampons for some period of time. Take care of hygiene and avoid using detergents or vaginal creams.

Use plenty of water and always keep your ear dry.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you and your child good health.

Dr. XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Feeling dizziness while working, mouth is dry, pain on back of head. BP normal and pregnancy test negative 44 minutes later
I live with my boyfriend for 6 years now.
Thank you for your advices as well and I don't have any child or I'm not pregnant. At least for now!

Best regards,
Marta

Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later
You are welcome.

Wishing you a health life .

Dr. XXXXXXX