Feeling discomfort in lower abdomen, no weight loss or loss of appetite. CT scan, blood test normal

I have had discomfort in my left lower abdomen for 6 months. Ct scan with contrast clear. Blood work normal. Colon scope clean. Check for hernia bulge clear. Better after limited activity. Worse while doing physical labor, or soreness after is worse. Tights pants in sitting position causes discomfort. Shorts no problem, loose pants no problem. Only while sitting. No problem laying down, standing, etc. Never hurts just discomfort and a feeling that something is different. Bowel habits normal, no weight loss, appetite fine. Just wondering about any ideals. Thanks
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 25 minutes later

I am Dr. Prasad Akole and would like to address to your query here.

As you have aptly described the details, I would like to know some more details to understand better.
1) Do you get any pain, numbness, tingling sensation on the front or side of the thigh also?
2) What is your weight? Had any surgeries there before?
3) Is there any bony pain in the hip/ waist bone?
4) Does this discomfort also cause numbness/ reduced touch sensation in the affected area? Do you have any tingling sensation there?

Since only physical activity and sitting with tight pants causes discomfort and not otherwise, it must be pressure on the ligaments/ nerves of the inguinal (groin) region.

Just avoid the tight garments and strenuous activities.

Hope it helps.

Would like to comment once you answer these questions.

Follow-up: Feeling discomfort in lower abdomen, no weight loss or loss of appetite. CT scan, blood test normal 5 hours later
Thanks for your info. Discomfort is only one area. 5 inches below belly button and 5 inches to the left, lower abdomen upper groin. No boney pain,surgeries, or numbness in that area. Not able to poke and cause any pain either. I'm 6'6'' and about 245. It started this fall after some intense strain at work. Felt a pain in my left groin for a few days and then it got better but then this discomfort showed up and stayed around. No tingling sensation. Felt as if we ruled out what few organs are there in men so figured it must be a sports hernia or torn or stretched abdomen muscles. Any help and advice is appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 4 hours later
Thanks for the added info.

It really looks like a ligament or muscle injury there due to some sudden strain.
Try some pain-relieving liniments or spray available locally OTC over the area for a few days.

A MRI scan may help in locating the injury; but if it is only mild discomfort, it is unnecessary.

May just avoid tight clothes and strain there and see if it gives relief. Physiotherapy may help, if you like.

Apart from this, I do not think the pain is related to any other serious organic medical concern.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this answer.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at WWW.WWWW.WW
Good Luck! Thank you!!