Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling discomfort during urination and noticed blood in it. What could be causing this?

General Surgeon
I am a male and I have a little discomfort when I pee, I had a little blood in my urine as well.....what could be the cause?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 40 minutes later
Most common cause of pain and discomfort during urination is due to urine.
Other causes for blood in urine or kidney/ureter/urinary bladder stone,injury,tumours in the urinary tract etc.
Please take plenty of liquids.Even though you are busy in your work,water should be taken at regular intervals.
Take Quinolone antibiotic like Norfloxacin/Balofloxacin tablet.
Add Disodium hydrogen citrate (CITRALKA) syrup with water in divided doses.
Everything will be alright.
Nothing to worry.
If the symptoms still persist with above treatment,then you have to get investigated with Plain x XXXXXXX abdomen -KUB,Ultrasound abdomen.
Hope your complaints will decrease after the above measures.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.
If you have any queries,i will clarify further.