Feeling difficulty in swallowing. Feeling something stuck in throat. Having ear pain and also cough. Help?

ENT Specialist
Dear sir,
i have been suffering difficuilt in swallowing and i feel something is stuck in my throat.sometimes i have little ear pain as well.liquid cough is developing in my throat frequently. kindly help
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sreenivasan Narayana 20 minutes later

I have gone through your description. Unfortunately, it is not very elaborate. Please give more information on the sequence of these symptoms. Based on the description you have given it is not easy to come to a probable diagnosis.

Some of the reasons why these symptoms happen include gastric acid reflux in which case taking anti acidity medicines, eating frequent small meals and avoiding spicy food, alcohol, smoking and stress would help.

If you have been a smoker and these symptoms developed simultaneously and are constant and progressing you need to XXXXXXX an ENT specialist to get yourself examined to rule out other causes.

Try anti acidity measures for a week; if it does not improve, get an ENT examination.

Follow-up: Feeling difficulty in swallowing. Feeling something stuck in throat. Having ear pain and also cough. Help? 49 minutes later
I was not a chain smoker but used to smoke one in a day for few years.Around 3 weeks I have been suffering a small pain in my tonsil and after two days pain gone away.but i feel some thing is stuck in my middle of my throat while swallowing. a little amount of liquid with cough also happens every two hours. Now i have stopped smoking for around two months. Last week I felt little pain in ears. Now I do not feelthat pain.I met an ENT specialist last week and he advised me to gargle one liquid and I did for 3-4 days but no results found.No other medicines has not been prescribed by him.
Answered by Dr. Sreenivasan Narayana 7 minutes later

If you have already met an ENT and he has not found anything significant then you should not worry. Please try what I suggested as anti acidity measures for a week. Quit smoking completely.