Feeling depressed, bored and losing weight. What should I do to get cured?

Psychiatrist
Question
RESPECTED DOCTOR,

I GOT ENGAGED TWO MONTHS AGO IN A ARRANGE RELATIONSHIP,NOW AFTER TALKING TO MY FIANCEE I DONOT FEEL THAT SHE IS THE PERFECT MATCH FOR ME,SHE LOVES ME A LOT ,I M VERY DEPRESSED AND FEEL VERY BORED .MY WEIGHT IS ALSO LOSING DUE TO STRESS IN MIND.DO ADVICE ME WHAT SHOULD I DO OR HOW I CAN COME OUT OF THIS SITUATION.I M NOT TALKING ANY MEDICINE.I M FEELING INSECURE,TENSED.
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 14 hours later

First it is not clear why you do not like her after talking to her inspite of the fact that she love you very much.

There may be certain issues need assessment in your case:

-Reason and their justification for not liking her.

-Assessment and Management of Depression.

-Depression is itself associated with loss of interest in surrounding and increases perceived severity of stress.

Following practical measures will help you:

-Healthy diet: Milk and fruits in diet.

-Daily morning walk and breathing exercise.

-Make list of the qualities you like and dislike in you fiancee. Do not only she negative qualities and focus on positive qualities too. Always remember: Nobody is perfect: you. me or her. But it is difficult to get person who love you. Suppose if you loose her and you do not get partner in future better than her. So, any decision carefully.

-Discuss the issue (+/- qualities list) with your close friends or family who understand your feelings, liking and disliking.

-If problem persist then it is better to XXXXXXX nearby psychiatrist or psychologist in person.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Feeling depressed, bored and losing weight. What should I do to get cured? 2 days later
Thank you for your feedback.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 22 hours later
You are most welcome.