Feeling cross eyed when looked down. Vision gets blurred. Had lasik surgery done. What is causing this?

Over the past month, Iv'e had 4 episodes lasting 3mins of feeling cross eyed when I look down. Things look blurred only looking down. When I cover one eye my vision is fine. When I look up my vision is fine. I had lasik surgery in Oct 2010. Went to 20/20 vision for a check up and they said everything looked great.
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 38 minutes later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you might be having an issue with your 4th cranial nerve. The 4th cranial nerve is involved in making your eye look downwards. It is a long nerve and anything which is causing a compromise in its path can lead to these issues.
The ideal person to XXXXXXX regarding this is a neurologist. You will have to undergo MRI brain. Please do not neglect the current issue.
LASIK has nothing to do with the current issue

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries

I wish you good health