Feeling constipated after rhinoplastic surgery. What should I do?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
After my rhinoplastic surgery, I am very much constipaded. In the surgery local anesthesia with sedation was used.
I had before the operation IM methylprednilolone 40 mg.
After my operation I am takinkg Cefuroxime axetil 1 tablet every 12 hours.
Claritin every 12 hours.
Loxomac 1 pill every 12 hours.
and several nose sprays :oxymetazoline 1 spray every 4 hours.
saline solutinon every 4 hours
Rhinocort Aqua spray every 12 hours (budesonide) .
I did have rice two days in a row before the operation.
2 days after the operation I had an enema and only passed gas ( air ), some very hard defecation, but not much, compared with what i am eating.
Last night I took 7 spoons of milk of magnesia, and today a spoon of Lactulax with no results so far. I am drinking lost of water as suggsted by my plastic surgery drug. About 1 and a half liters a day.
I do continue eating as my hunger is usual as normal,
What else can I do ?
My rynoplastic surgery was fine , I cannot see very well the end results as I have it covered very well, and with many scabs in the interior, that the Dr told me not to touch until his next appointment after the 5th day of been operated, today is only the third, in the next appointment he will change the adhesive tape on the nose and clean the nose out of scabs, now I take my showe and wash my hair very carefull without weting my nouse.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Surindher 50 minutes later

Thank you for using Helathcaremagic for your health related query.

Glad to note that your surgery went off fine.

As far as your constipation goes, you have already taken all that we normally would do to help with post operative constipation. Am sure you will get relief soon. You can continue drinking water as advised and have your regular diet. To further help with the same, you could try adding fiber to your diet in the form of fresh leafy XXXXXXX vegetables, salads, XXXXXXX based cereals, beans, flax seed, etc. Increasing your activity would also aid in the same.

With regards to the Rhinoplasty, yes the bandages will stay for a few days,after which your surgeon will change them and put a smaller plaster on for a few more days. It is too early to see the result because of the bandages and the swelling.
Most of the swelling will go down in 2-3 weeks time, but the final result will be appreciated only after 2-3 months depending on what was done. Please have patience till then.

I'm sure you will find relief from your problems soon.

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery.

Once again thank you for using XXXXXXX