Feeling constant pain in lower stomach. Could it be due to cysts and fibroids or pulled muscle?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
so much pain please help Idk what to do nowI went to the hospital with pain in my lower stomach and pelvis they gave me papers saying I have cysts and fibroids I then went to my regular doctor who says she doesent see anything and believes it must be a pulled muscle . I think I would know the difference it almost feels like constant cramps but sharper it feels like on my overies I've had cysts before but this time it is both sides and shoots threw the inside of my vagina. what should I do now?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Pain in the lower abdomen with cramps in a young female could be due to -
1) Pelvic inflammatory disease - Imaging could be normal and you may have leukorrhoea. More likely if you have an IUD
2) dysuria and frequency
3) Tubo-ovarian pathologies - are usually visible on imaging studies unless it is a transient problem like torsion
Since you have been diagnosed with cysts and fibroids, you should consult your gynecologist for a proper management. Meanwhile you can have over the counter antispasmodics and do a hot fomentation for symptomatic relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Feeling constant pain in lower stomach. Could it be due to cysts and fibroids or pulled muscle? 32 minutes later
I did go to my gynocologist she told me she couldent help me . do you think it could be a nerve or I should go to a different Dr
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
You need to have investigations like ultrasound scan of lower abdomen and urine culture to find out the cause of your pain.
The nerve related pain is less likely to be cramping in nature.
You can have a second opinion from another physician for proper diagnosis.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.