Feeling constant heat throughout body and pressure in head. What could it be?

Hi, I am taking 10 mg of lexapro and 20mg of propranolol I am feeling a constant heat beating through out my body when I am at rest. Also, I feel tired all the time and a wave feeling in my body and head when I lay down. Sometimes I feel pressure on top of my head. I hope you can help. Thank you
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Thyroid function, systemic, diabetes and blood pre Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, Feeling of heat and constant tiredness could arise from many sources. It is important to start searching from your medical history. It is important to know if you are hypertensive or not, for how long you have been sick and if the condition is well controlled or not. Propranolol is also used in thyroid disease. I would suggest you get a complete work up for the thyroid. Pressure on top of the head would require more precision. It is important to know if it is actually headaches. It might be important to know at what time of the day you experience this, aggravating and relieving factors, the signs that accompany this feeling. Your sleep pattern and quality of sleep is important. Lexapro could be useful in this area. Inadequate sleep can explain tiredness and fullness at the level of the head. Thyroid function, blood pressure control and sleep pattern are primarily very important. Screening for diabetes and doing a complete blood count to exclude anemia could be useful. In sase you experience any joint or muscle pain, the opinion of an internist would be most welcome. A proper clinical review of these headaches, weakness, tiredness deserve that thyroid, metabolic (diabetes), systemic (lupus, polymyalgia) diseases be evaluated for. In case headaches or fullness at head level have been long lasting, the opinion of a neurologist could help. Thanks and kind regards. Feel free asking follow up questions case you got any specific concerns. I would be glad to contribute to your well being. DR Rogers
Follow-up: Feeling constant heat throughout body and pressure in head. What could it be? 2 hours later
What about the heart beating that I feel through out my body when I am at rest.
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Too early to bother much Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, The feeling of getting your heart beating, especially if it is a recent phenomenon for sure needs some keen attention. The commonest cause of this phenomenon however is psychological. Any recent notion of a stressful event or depression could be associated with consciousness in the heart beating. Other serious conditions like increased heart size (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), adrenaline excess (in phaechromocytomas) could be checked. I suggest you get a proper psychiatric check and management of either anxiety or depression, in case you have any of these. Psychological support, talking with loved and trusted ones, avoiding isolation and some degree of exercise could help. Otherwise or if these measures do not help, you might then have to see a cardiologist. But, it usually not very serious, especially from the description you give. A medical consultation and proper clinical follow up is however needed. thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Kind regards. DR Bain