Feeling confused. Feel like brain is going slow. Symptom of stroke?

Hi, for the past two days around 5'0clock, for about a half an hour to an hour, my eyes have just not been tracking and have been looking, not processing, and focusing on any minute detail around me, whether it be a pebble or bump on the wall, and caused me to be unable t function. THis all started after my psychiatrist did some sort of stimulation to the eyes where he asked me to follow his finger back and forth for about five minutes. It was like my brain got confused. When this happens it is also like my brain is going very slow and am very confused. If this happens again should I go to the ER? Could this be a symptom of a stroke? Thank you.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This is not a symptom of stroke,let us make it very clear.
What hopefully your psychriatrist was doing was checking your eye movement,as any abnormality there would give him some idea as to where the problem is.
This non focusing issue can be stress as by the evening you are fatigued.
To take care of the situation you have to resot to life style management,eat well,rest and exercise.
take care of your diet as by the evening your nutrition is at its lowest.
have adequate rest and you will be fine.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.