Feeling cold, sweats, pain in wrists, ankles, hips, low back and have redness of face. How to get cured?

Temp 95 cold sweats profuse pain wrists, ankles, hips, low back, redness of face, exertion exacerbates symptoms
During early years rheumatologist performed many diagnostic tests, x rays, mri's, blood tests and nothing was found to be abnormal.

Acupuncture threw me into horrific pain and needles were quickly removed.

If I am stuck in a place where I cannot lie down ( such as airport) for more than few hours the pain becomes so severe ( like I am loaded down with wet sandbags) that I have to just lie on the floor until the pain subsides. I can't imagine what my body would do without the medications. In first few years I was completely bedridden until this combination of drugs I now take was found.

The buprenorphine was given because I was on massive doses of morphine, fentanyl and when my pain doctor left town no one would take my case. I was fortunate to know Psychiatrist Dr. XXXXXXX McClure who is licensed to prescribe suboxone and have found the buprenorphine to be far more effective in treating this pain than the other narcotics ever were plus my mind is more clear.

Still I feel there must be some diagnostic test we haven't yet tried. My GP knows of nothing. Please help me if you can.
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 22 hours later

I have gone through your write-up.

You are on a lot of psychiatric medication and of course opioid for your pain.

The way you describe your pain fits into a condition we deal with called Fibromyalgia.
This is a condition in which there is chronic widespread pain with fatigue, unrefreshing sleep and some cognitive dysfunction.
This condition can be dealt with , with medications like pregabalin, duloxetine and milnacipran.
The other thing is exercise as a therapy is very good for this condition but it has to be done under supervision by physical and rehabilitation expert as your condition is quite advanced.
The third thing which is known to help is psychotherapy in the form of cognitive behavioral therapy.

However there are no particular tests which can be done to diagnose this condition it is a clinical diagnosis, so probably the best next step is to visit the rheumatologist should confirm the diagnosis. You can ask about the above medication mentioned.

Let me know if additional queries.