Feeling cold in warmer temperature, losing weight and constipated. Feeling depressed. Any solution?

Hi! I am a 34-year old female, weigh 140 lbs, and am 5'4". I'm wondering if I may have a problem with hypo-thyroidism, or if there are any other tests that you may think I should have done. My resting pulse is bradycardic (typically 54-56 BPM). I am often quite cold at warmer temperatures (skin/hands are cold when the room temp is 76+ degrees). I'm also having a hard time losing weight on my current diet - maximum 1500/1600 calories per day of very healthy foods. I exercise regularly: resistance training and cardio. I also had a bout of depression about 10 years ago, and I sometimes still have an occasional struggle with depression. Other symptoms include frequent bloating, occasional constipation, and am often tired..

Thanks for your help!
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Causes of Bradycardia can be divided into cardiac and noncardiac causes.

The common noncardiac causes are Hypothyroidism, Medicines, Electrolyte imbalance etc.

You should get your ECG, Thyroid profile, Serum electrolytes checked.

You can upload your reports for further directions or can consult a Physician, so that he can examine you, go through your reports, and prescribe you treatment accordingly.

With good wishes,
Follow-up: Feeling cold in warmer temperature, losing weight and constipated. Feeling depressed. Any solution? 10 hours later
Thank you so much for your response! I'm mostly concerned that I feel cold a lot of the time even in warm temperatures and am having a difficult time loosing weight. I listed Bradycardia as a symptom but I'm not overly concerned about it. I have very limited health insurance, so I am hoping to narrow down the list of tests to cut down on cost. Does it sound like there's a high possibility there is a thyroid issue?

Thanks for your help!
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 32 minutes later

Welcome again,

As chances of Hypothyroidism are more, please get your Thyroid profile (T-3,T-4 & TSH) done first. If it is normal, get ECG done, and if it is also normal, you have to get your serum electrolytes tested.

If any report is abnormal, consult your Physician to take treatment accordingly.

Take multivitamin multimineral capsule like Becadexamin/Supradyn one daily.

With good wishes,