Feeling cold, fever, diarrhoea and purple looking dot on chest. Is this serious?

I have one purple looking dot on my chest, cold like symptoms and diarrhoea for 1 day. Slight fever but improved when taking paracetomol

Concerned it is something serious..
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptoms seem to be indicative of a viral fever and nothing serious. The purple dot may be unrelated to the other symptoms and having a tiny, isolated dot-like lesion may not indicate anything significant. I would sugest that you take symptomatic treatment for the fever and cold and take plenty of fluids and ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) to replenish the lost water and salts due to the diarrhoea. Viral fevers are self limiting and your symptoms should subside within a few days. In case, you develop multiple such reddish or purplish spots or rashes or high grade fever with chills, then you must go to a hospital immediately.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar