Feeling cold and swelling in roof of mouth. Is this a sinus infection?

Critical Care Specialist
roof of my mouth feels a bit swollen and sore...had a cold for the last week and a half. is this a sinus infection? my nose is pretty stuffed up and i have had a hacking cough with chest congestion. What can i do to clear this up? Pressing on the roof of my mouth is painfull.
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 6 hours later
Hi, thanks for your question.

You had rhinitis for one and half week. Now you’re having swollen and sore mouth, stuffy nose and severe cough. You think your symptoms are due to sinusitis.

Yes, you're right you may be having sinusitis.
Sinusitis (infection of sinuses) is a known complication of rhinitis.

Rhinitis has also produced pharyngitis, which is giving you symptoms of sore and swollen mouth. Sever cough is due to decongestant and cough expectorant.
Steam inhalation is also advisable that will help your stuffy nose.

Consultation from a physician is encouraged to look for any other complication of sinusitis.
Hope I answered your question.
For any more query, do post your follow up, I will be readily available to answer.
Get well soon