Feeling cold and itching in groin area. What could be causing this?

hi, am XXXXXXX and my dick and balls feels cold and my balls also itch me what could cause this?
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
I understand your concern and will try my best to address your problem.
Normally the scrotum is supposed to feel colder than rest of your body and that's why they are outside your body so that your sperms could stay at temperature lower than your body.
So a cold feeling in scrotum and penis is normal but if you think that this cold feeling is too much and bothersome,then you should consult a urologist for the diagnosis as it could indicate a poor blood flow to these places and a penile Doppler can diagnose the actual blood flow in the penis.
As far as itching in scrotum is concerned,the most common causes for this are
Fungal infection( the most common infection )
Allergic or irritant dermatitis
Infestation by pubic lice

Use OTC anti fungal cream like LOTRIMIN or CANESTAN for a week and see the response.If it does not go then you consult a dermatologist for proper diagnosis of the cause.
Wear loose cotton underwears and keep the scrotum area dry,because fungus thrives in moist and warm places.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck