Feeling cold. Body temperature always feels low. Connection with vitamin D?

Hello, I am a 56-year-old female, 150 pounds. I have been feeling cold for about three years. When I take my temperature it is never in the 98° range. It is always somewhere 96.7 all the way to 97.6 and that makes me feel cold. I went to my doctor she did thyroid test and it came back okay. My husband was feeling cold, his temperatures were always in the low 97° range his Doctor gave him some calcitriol and I understand that to be a form of vitamin D. His body temperature now is always in the 98.4 to 98.6 range. My question is how does this kind of vitamin D help with body temperature.
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 12 hours later
I have noted your symptoms of cold intolerance.

To the best of my knowledge, vitamin D in any form is not known to regulate body temperature. Its effects are mainly in the sphere of calcium and bone metabolism and possibly muscle function.

I understand your thyroid was checked and reportedly normal.

I see you were receiving steroid injections in the elbows.

In light of your complaints and past medical history, I recommend doing blood tests to ensure you dont have any adrenal/cortisol and thyroid problems. These include:

8 am cortisol levels
Free T4
Total T4
Total T3
T3 resin uptake